Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy Birthday to all Race Horses!

Hello readers, and welcome to 2007. If the title seems a little perplexing, don't worry, just do a little bit of research on Google and you'll probably come across the reason for it...

Anyway, on with the blog...

Christmas morning was... Well... about 10 minutes long. I woke up, came down stairs, watched telly while we waited for Nan and Grandad to arrive, shredded the paper off the pressies and then stuck my Xbox on. It was Christmas dinner I was waiting for! I must admit though, I did get some good stuff. My nan bought be Khet, a kind of cross between chess, egyptian myth, and starwars! Honestly, It wouldn't look out of place in the Mos Eisley Cantina! I also got the usual CD's, DVD's, Socks etc.

At dinner time, we had a big Chicken, and a joint of lamb. With challottes, and gravy, and roasties, and mint sauce, and all kinds of wonderful things....

... I love Christmas dinner!

Come Christmas evening we went down to fathers for more antics. My auntie had bought me a book called; Great Lies To Tell Small Kids. I have memorised some and will try them at school... There's stuff like "Milk feels pain" and "Clowns melt at 29 degrees celsius" My dad bought me Jimmy Carr's new book "The Naked Jape" which analyses the history, and science of joke telling. It is both very factual, informative, and down-right hillarious.

After the usual bout of christmas fun I went home to bed.

During the week of nothing happening, I have been bowling a few times with Jenny, Marcus, John, and Adam. Actually there is a story with that... I have never really put the "Video DJ" on my phone to good use before but decided to get creative. I discovered that there are pre-loaded "soundtracks" that you can overlay to videos on the phone and you can add titles, and slideshows as well. So I started filming marcus in black and white, just random shots of him bowling, sat down, by the ball return, etc and then created a series of slides in Black and White similar to old silent movies. I then arranged the clips of Marcus and added the slides in between them, and used the "silent movie" soundtrack across the whole thing. The end result is a "Charlie Chaplin-esque" short movie about Marcus and how he never seems to be able to get a strike. I don't know if I can load it on to blogger but if I can, I will.

I am going to skip to yesterday evening because i can't think of anything else thats happened during the course of the holiday...

Well... I drove to Jenny's for about 8:00pm with my mum in the car, picked Jenny and Marcus up and headed over to the Windemere in Moseley. Mum then drove my car back home so that I could have a drink. When we got there we went up stairs to the disco which was getting under-way. Throughout the course of the evening there was some awful dance music, but then some of the classics came along and everything was dandy. At the countdown to the new year everyone held hands and waited for the chimes and got ready for the DJ to play Auld-Lang-Syne...

... Which he didn't have... In fact not only did he not have it, I don't think he knew what it was!

So we all started to sing while the DJ looked puzzled. there was more dancing until about 12:30 when the final dances were slow-ones and then the big light came on to signal the end of the evening. Now I should point out that there was a plan for getting home... Me, marcus, and jenny would get a taxi. But, as ever fate intervened and James offered a lift to Marcus and Jenny. I said i would dive in a taxi with Jason and Gemma, but fate played a good hand once again... Jason and Gemma were going with other people and the taxi was full... D'OH!

In the end I got a lift and was home for about 1:30am wherre I went straight to bed! I was exhausted.

I was rudely awoken this morning by mother. Her car wouldn't start (the starter motor was stuck) and she had already phoned my Grandad for assistance. When he arrived and had a poke under the bonnet we decided to push start it... Now, I had just got up, was feeling horrible and to put some fluid in my system, took a rather large swig of Cherry tango... I say large swig, it was more like half a bottle... about a litre. So we went outside and rolled the car back... with the help of a neighbour. (Why is it that secretly, deep down, everyone likes pushing a car to get it started? it must be the sense of accomplishment, both in the physical pushing, and the enjoyment when the car actually starts!) anyway I started to outpace my grandad and my neighbour so I ended up pushing the car... At a fair ol' speed, down meadow Road... the first thing I then thought of was.... Oh shit, what about traffic. Fortunately the car jolted in to life and I walked back up the road while my mum turned the car round. Now, I don't know if you have ever pushed a car to the point your heart was going to give out, whilst having a stomach full of a popular fizzy beverage but let me give you a word of advise... DON'T

I ended up with a severe icky feeling and had to lie down... After half an hour of feeling awful it subsided, which is when I got up, and started blogging.

And it is there that I will leave you dear reader. Have a good new year. see you soon.

TTFN

No comments: