Thursday, November 23, 2006

Have you ever turned up to a party only to find out that everyone is wearing the same suit as you?

Hello readers. It's time for another marvellous update. Now I know I always blog things during the week first, even if the week hasn't yielded anything too interesting, but not this little blog! I'm going to forget the past week all together and concentrate on the weekend...

(Because that's where the fun started!)

Ok... Friday evening. It was Selena's 21st Birthay party at the Red Lion in Kings Heath. I had been with father earlier on to set up the baby photo's of Selena which I had written a few captions for. I had come back, got changed, and was ready for when the taxi picked myself, mum, Kieron, and Selena for 7:00pm. When we had given the Taxi driver EXTENSIVE directions on how to get there, we set off for the Red Lion....

... In Earlswood.

After telling the driver he was heading in the wrong direction, he turned round and we set off for the correct pub. When we got there, Dad was already there with my nan and my Auntie Jill and Uncle Alf'. Adam turned up a little later and by about 7:45pm the room was filling up nicely with people from PD Architects (where Selena works) plus friends and family.

The disco started at about 8-ish and the buffet soon followed. (Cheese and pineapple, anyone?) There was much merryment to be had by all and I must confess to having a dance or two myself. Whilst on the dancefloor I whipped the ol' camera out for a few pics'



Selena trying to encourange my nan on to the dance floor...




... Which she did, and this was the result! My nan loves the Scissor Sisters! I reckon she would gladly go and see them live if Selena had offered.

Towards the end of the evening, at about 10:30pm, It was time for the cake-cutting. You remember the cake, don't you? if not, scroll down to the previous blog and read it. The musical photoshop trickery picture looked good on top of the cake. In fact I was going to ask that Selena not slice through it! That was, of course, impossible and so it was diced up and fed to everyone... Just think, a piece of artwork I created has now been shat out of the arses of 80 people... God, how I'm proud of that.

I took a quick piccy of Selena about to cut the cake though...



Quite a nice pic' with everyone in the background. Unfortunately I forgot to take a photo of the cake whilst it was still intact... Sorry.

At 11:30 everyone started to leave, and we had to get the remaining food from the buffet (of which there was quite a lot) home somehow. It was eventually packed up and the load split between my Grandads car and my dad's. After everyone had gone we too made haste for home. We got back at just gone midnight. I dived in to bed almost immediately as I was knackered (all that dancing did me in, you see...)

Ah... Saturday. I woke up at about 10:00am and did the usual thing... Brekkie, Xbox, Wait for Nan and Grandad to come round etc etc...

... In fact sod it, I'll cut to the chase...

At 6:00pm Jenny turned up in her best dress ready for Ladies Evening at the Chateau Impney in Droitwich. Mum took me, Jenny, and Selena down to my dad's and we had a drink there before we set off. The taxi came at 7:30 and we, along with my dad's next door neighbours (from both sides!) joined us and climbed in to the minibus. We all had our masks with us and we were at the Chateau for about 8:00pm where we were greeted and given a glass of Bucks Fizz. After an hour in the reception area, greeting all my dads mates, and being introduced to people I didn't know, the main doors opened and we were lead in to the grand hall where we stood at our seats and had to "greet the top table, in the traditional fashion" Problem... I had never been before and no one had mentioned what the "traditional fashion was" then everyone started hitting the tables in unison...

Dum. Dum. Dum. Dum...

And the hosts for the evening entered... You could tell that my dads mates were part of the organising though. As well as all the mandatory dinner suits, ceremony and the tradition, everyone was armed with a pea-shooter and lots of ammo! (no, really! I still have mine!) It was fab. We had a mini war going on with the table opposite us at one point!

After everyone was allowed to sit down, the meal began... First, the appetiser course: salmon with cream sauce and mint... Very nice... Then the soup course: minnestroni with croutons, and garnish... Again Lovely. The main course: rack of lamb with full veg' and gravy... I was starting to get full by this point... then dessert: vanilla cheesecake with fruit... Ok, now I was full. Then we had the cheese/biscuits brought round (well, you can't say no to a bit of cheese!) and finally coffee and biscuits. that counted as a 5 course meal and i didn't leave a thing on my plate! (I just wanted as much posh-nosh as I could eat!)

After more pea-shooting we noticed that father, along with the skiing gang, had mysteriously disappeared. Now I have heard the stories about random things happening every year and this year was no exception! The act was introduced as a "Tiller Girl" act and the curtain on the stage went up... To reveal the skiing crew in leotards and pink wigs dancing to some god-awful music...

... Oh my god how i am now traumatised!

Naturally there are photo's but blogger is being a bastard at the moment and won't let me upload any more piccies. I will blog them later.

There was much frivolity and antics, including a version of Deal or no deal on stage (Noel Edmonds not included.) Selena was among the second batch of people to go up and won 50p! hurrah! Everyone then jumped on to the dance floor for the disco! After dancing to all the disco classics, the night was rounded off by a slow-one, and me and Jen' had a dance... (Actually, she isn't half bad at it!)

The time to go home came though and we were in the taxi for about 1:15am. It dropped me and Selena off first, leaving everyone else to be deposited en route back to Kings Heath where I assume Jenny was the last person to be dropped home.

My tux' is now hung up for next year when I will definitely be going again.

Well thats about it for now, readers. I will give you all a "ladies Night Picture Gallery" when Blogger sorts it's self out.

TTFN readers!












































No comments: