Tuesday, November 14, 2006

And don't forget the joker!

Hello readers. Time for more fun and frolics in this weeks update! I will start precedings from last Monday since that is when I last blogged.

Last Monday evening Myself, John, Marcus, Jenny, and Adam went to see Saw III in Solihull. if you were a fan of the first one, and not to hot about the second, then the third goes some way to replenish the faith in the franchise. It doesn't bother with overly-complicated routines, and just goes for sheer gore factor! The storyline isn't bad either, with clever twists at the end and a grande finale of a scene that rounds off the trillogy nicely...

... Sorry, I appear to have turned in to Barry Norman...

The original is still my favorite though, merely because it is so clever.

As we were walking through Touchwood, John pointed out the drinks stand to me. I took a photo of it from the balcony up by the cinema...



... Now is it just me or is the name "Love Juice" just not the right thing to call a drinks company? Imagine being on a date!

"Here love, do you want a sip of my Love Juice?"
*SLAP!*

Anyway the film was horribly excellent and we made it home for about 1:00am.

I got to bed just in time to catch a good nights sleep before being rudely awakened at 6:00am by a car alarm. It wasn't mine so I ignored it and tried to get back to sleep, ready to get up at 7:00am... Which I did...

... Work was naff as usual... I should have stayed in bed!

In the evening Me, John, and Adam ended up in Weatherspoons in Solihull. We got there for about 8:30pm and found some seats in a nice comfy booth. I was feeling peckish so I grabbed a menu, and by the time I had finished studying it, John and Adam had also caught the munchies-bug! We took up an offer of a burger and a drink for £3.99 (very reasonable) and a good time was had by all. We left at about 10:30 to and watch Wild Boys at Adams house. The 3rd series is just as funny as the first two and we were soon rolling about laughing. We left at about 11:30pm and I was home for 12 middnight.

Wednesday is a bit of a blur and I can't remember what I did, so if anyone who knows can type it in my yellbox, it would be a big help, cheers!

Thursday evening was the one I had been waiting for. I was off to see Motorhead at the Birmingham Academy with Father and Mr Mike Parlett, who is one of the ski group. I got down to dad's for about 6:20pm and we set off towards Shirley (and Mr Parletts house) to get there for 7:00pm. We then piled in to Mike's car and went to pick his mate Roger (without a "d") up from his house. Roger is an old-school rocker and definitely looked the part with his raggy beard and long hair. On the way he was talking about his old motorcycle group "The Dark Eagles" and their rival group "The Old Farts" Yes readers, apparently that is the name of a Motobike club based in Leicester.

We got to the Academy for 7:40pm and made a bee-line for the bar whilst the warm-up acts were on. Whilst there I looked around and there, stood at the bar was John from college! I hadn't seen him in 2 years so we had a good chinwag. When the lights dimmed, and the crowd started to cheer, we took our places for Motorhead. John and his mates stood downstairs, while we went up to the 1st floor balcony to see if we could get a bit closer. Naturally I tried to take photo's but the only half-decent one is the one I have posted for you...



... Not the best is it? Still, it was taken right in the middle of Ace of Spades! They played everything I expected them to except "The Game" which, for some reason, they didn't do. They did, however cover Thin Lizzy's "Roselyn" and did an acoustic version of Overkill, which sounded pretty neat. Of Course "The Ace Of Spades" topped the night and we left very satisfied, and a little deafened. On the way out we lost Roger, and spent an hour looking for him, to no avail! We eventually left, thinking he had probably forgotten he was being given a lift and had caught the bus.

We were home for about 1:00am and I leapt in to bed with my ears still ringing, and still wondering where Roger went. It was a real mystery!

On Friday I got up and went to work as per usual, and spent 20 minutes looking for a place on Woodrush car park. After I had eventually found a space, I discovered that the dozy bint in the space next to it had parked her Super-Thunder-Commander 4X4 at a shit angle and I couldn't get in. I went round the carpark a few more times before letting another dozy bint sod off and nicking her space... From then on the day got progressively worse. By the time the evening came I decided to stay in and play Chromehounds. I was in for a shock! most of the squad have left to join the number 32 squad in the WORLD! nice. And it gets a bit better, because they have invited me to join. Yay!

Now, the weekend...

Saturday was interesting. I went to get Selenas Birthday present. She wanted an SD card for her camera, so I shot over to PC world and got her a 1Gb memory card and while I was there I bought myself a Vision Camera for my 360. It's rather good and I have downloaded a few games of Xbox marketplace that utilize it. After a few hours messing with it I had to get ready to go out. Me, marcus, Adam, and Jenny went to the Peartree in Kings Heath. I drove, and picked Jenny up on the way. We all had planned for something to eat but forgot about it being Saturday...

Saturday + Weatherspoons / cheap drinks = PEOPLE!

We found a seat in the family area and ordered some grub. I had a full rack of spare ribs, and they were bloody lovely!
Afterwards thenumber of people in the place had dwindled slightly and we found some seats near the bar by a nice roaring fire. We left at about 11:00pm and I went home, with Adam and Marcus in tow. I made them a cup of coffee (I make the best coffee in the world!) and they stayed for a bit before heading off. I clambered in to bed for about 1:00am
and fell right to sleep.

Sunday was boring... Had dinner, went to nans as usual.

Monday was Selenas 21st birthday!!! Hoorah! I remember my 21st... And since I know most of you, dear readers, then you probably do as well! Next Friday is her party at the Red Lion in Kings Heath. It should be a good evening.

I would now type more but I'm going out in a bit so I will bid thee farewell, readers. You will have to wait another week or so!

TTFN






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love juice, everyone wants my lovejuice