Sunday, October 01, 2006

The hunt for red _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ?

Hello readers. It's October and time for another blog, methinks. The first thing I have to say is "Happy Birthday" to Lank. I should have mentioned it last time I blogged, but forgot... Sorry. Yes, Mr Thomas is now a quarter of a century old but still retains his youthful looks... Sort of.

Right, on with business.

During the week I had the opportunity to go with the year 10's (again) for another session at Avoncroft museum. I didn't really want to go since I had a list of jobs as long as my arm to be getting on with at Woodrush (the biggest task being clearing the stock-cupboard in the art studio!) But I got the shite-end of the stick and was packed up and shoved in to the minibus. the session was a classroom based activity (which they didn't like) on "Manual Handling" or, basically "how to pick stuff up without giving yourself a hernia" which they managed to spread out over the course of 4 hours. You couldn't blame the kids for getting rowdy because it was boring as hell and I had a job staying awake! Anyway, throughout the course of the day the North Bromsgrove lads started to act up and at lunchtime on of the clan actually had the gaul to break in to one of the workshops and started throwing equipment around! This was going on whilst I was having my lunch and the kiddies were off having theirs. Next think I know, a short fat woman came marching up to me telling me how I wasn't being the responsible member of staff that I should be, and told me the details of the incident. I pointed out to her that one member of staff can't observe the behaviour of 27 kiddies when they are strolling round the museum gardens. I also pointed out that the kiddie involved wasn't under my direct control and that if she wanted me to act like a bouncer, then she can pay me as one. (I wanted to tell her to fuck off and die, but I restrained myself.) I suggested that she phoned North Bromsgrove School and take matters up with them rather than chew my ear off about something that I had no control over.

I couldn't wait for 2:30 when the minibus came and we all headed back to Woodrush. I didn't bother staying long and awarded myself an early clock-off at about 3:15.

So a couple of days later it was the weekend...

The plan was this: Saturday night was going to be a fantastic piss-up in Barracuda.

At 7:00pm Saturday Lank and daniel called round to my house ready to go to the Swan where we were meeting Mark, Benji, and Donna for a few "Pre-Birmingham bevvies" When we got there Jenny and Marcus were already in there, because they were going Bowling with Julia. Mark, Benji, and Donna were soon to follow and we spent a good hour or so drinking before starting the long walk to the Maypole to catch the number 50 bus (bus? what the hell is a bus? Being a motorist, I know-not of this phenomenon!)

We eventually got down to the Maypole and caught the poor excuse for a vehicle of public transport (driven by a poor excuse for a driver of said vehicle) and hopped off at some road (don't ask me which one, I don't know my way round Birmingham during the day, let alone when it's dark!) We walked up past Legs 11 to Barracuda ready to commence an evening of fun and frolics...

... Which we did. When we got there the first thing we did was meet up with Jess and paul, with some of Donna's friends (Vicky and Jo) turning up a bit later.

Throughout the course of the evening, naturaly, there were photos:


Donna, Mark, and Jo looking like true party-people.



This has got to be one of the strangest photo's I have ever taken... lank licking Daniels ear whist Danny-boy looks like he's just swallowed a lemon, soaked in brake-fluid! Honestly, I sometimes worry about those two, I really do.

However. It's not like those two were the only people to do something daft... You know how sometimes i can be a bit of a clot? Well during the evening I managed to:

  • Choke on 3 test-tubes of baileys
  • trip over the seats
  • nearly knock the table over with my foot
  • trod on someones foot on the way to the bar
  • and tripped up the step coming back!

I felt like a right loon. Anyway, at about 2:00am Jess, Paul, Mark, and Donna left, leaving Me, Lank, Dan, Vicky and Jo dancing like mad-people. We ended up leaving at about 2:30am and left looking for something to eat. Vicky and Jo got some chips and a burger from a cafe across the road before starting the trek to find a taxi. On the way I ended up giving Jo a piggy-back down whatever road we were on which provided 5 minutes of hillarity (and a slightly sore back.)

We ended up getting 2 taxis since the girls needed to go in the opposite direction. I think I got home for just after 3:00am which wasn't to bad. I imediately went straight to bed since I was dead on my feet and ready to pass out. (actually I think i was a sleep as soon as my noggin hit the pillow!)

Which brings us up to date, Dear readers. I am going to sign off now as I have just worked out that I have thrown away Selena's invite list for her 21st Birthday party and am going to help type another one...

TTFN.

No comments: