Monday, June 05, 2006

holidays, oh holidays

sHello readers, 'tis I. I really must appologise for not updating.

Well where to begin. School has been hectic because the GCSE's have started and so everyone is on over-drive. Half term couldn't come fast enough and so Carl, John, and I, decided to make something of it. Carl needed to move all of his stuff out of his university room in Plymouth. He came back on the train to borrow his dads car, and took me and John with him to give him a hand. Carls dads car is a new style Ford Mondeo estate ST TDCi. 2.5 litre turbo-diesel producing 220bhp. It is a nice car! We got through to Bristol and Carl asked me if I would like to drive the rest of the way. I gladly accepted and set off along the rest of the M5, picking up the A38 in to Plymouth. Very nice car to drive and bloody quick...


We got in to Carls room at about 4:00pm and unpacked. After the tour (all 30 seconds of it) and chatting we decided to go and have something to eat. We walked round the shops and came to rest in the local Indian restaurant. I had a chicken Tikka Balti, John has a bright red bowl of goo and Carl had a "Meat" curry...

... The meat was not specified.

After the meal we found a nice lively bar to have a few pints in. At around midnight John pointed out of the window at two people who looked remarkably like Jay & Silent Bob.

We left the bar at about 1:am. Walking back to the Uni' we came across a childerens play area in the main pedestrianised street and this was the result...

















Here we see john showing us that he really, really could do the Krypton Factor. After getting back we had a chat in the kitchen area where I took this photo...
















Here we see john again, being manipulated by my magical remote control unit (the pixies gave it to me, they did!)

After much folly (and some of johns photography) we retired to the sleeping quarters which were kept in a neat condition. This is a picture of what it looked like after we decided to get ready for bed.
















Lovely. It was "lights out" at around 2:30am. John was having difficulty with his sleeping bag. After about 10 minutes of "oh for bloody-hell..." "what the f..." and a series of bumps, knocks, and crashes, I finally heard him give up the fight with a "Oh... Shhhhit!"

All of a sudden the lights came back on and this is what I saw...
















My first thought was "what did he use to turn the light on?" but I chose not to ask... Just in case I didn't like the answer!

We awoke earlyish on Sunday ready to make a start with the clearing of Carls room. After a hearty breakfast of Crunchy Nut Cornflakes we set to work. Carl needed some boxes to get all his stuff in so we went down to the local Staples store.

This is what we found...
















Very good value, I think. I'd expect to pay way more than that for a bimbo under my bed!
All joking apart this is the name of a type of stackable box. Use the link and search the staples web-site!

It took the best part of 3 hours to sort, box, and load everything in to the car. We took a break at about 3:30pm to grab a coffee (Nestle EXTREME roast!) I noticed a sign of the wall in the kitchen which read...
















Actually readers, I lie... There was a piece above that which said "Do not throw objects out of the windows" but it could just have well have said "Buggery" anyway it made me laugh...

Whilst we were pratting around, I took a snapshot of Carl which will be forever remembered...


***WARNING***
Shock image alert!
unsuitable for people suffering with a nervous disposition
Scroll down to view





























This photo has got to be one of the strangest I have ever taken. Those "breasts" are actually camping lights.....

All together now...

"Danger, danger... High Voltage!"

Ah Carl... Will you never cease to amaze us?


We got on the road at 6:00pm and I drove to Bristol, swapping with Carl at a services so that he could drive home. We got back to Birmingham at 9:00 so we went for a quick drink.

I inadvertantly left my sunglasses in the car.... Actually I will have to get those back!

Well that was the weekend... On Wednesday I got bored so me and Adam went in to Solihull to trade our Xboxes (plus Adams PS2) at the Computer Exchange. With the money I brought an Xbox 360! (and then wrote adam a cheque for the balance of his consoles, obviously.)

I got a premium package for £260! with the consoles coming in at £252, I paid £7.00 for the system. I bought Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WW2 and the collectors edition of The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Which makes Morrowind look like a badly made, scrotum covered, gay-boy piece of crap. (which I always thought it was!)

I have, therefore spent most of my half-term holiday playing it and have developed an allergy to sunlight!

Tea is ready..... And I'm off to see X Men 3 in a bit so I will sign off....

TTFN readers!

No comments: