Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Why do you have a balloon tied to your hair?

Hello readers and welcome to the first regular update of 2009 as promised last week.

I will kick off with last Monday. As the first day back at work, my brain couldn't comprehend that it was 7:15am when I got up and didn't really kick-in until about 10:00am so the first hour at work was a daze.

During the evening I went over to Adam and Carls. We decided to have a drink and watch Star Trek DS9... Yes. Yes we did.
Tuesday wasn't so bad. After work I came home and dozed off before having a bite to eat and heading off to see Julie. We went for a drink in the Queslett but Jules was suffering from a bit of a head-cold so we didn't stop long. Soon after dropping her off I came back home to bed.
Wednesday. After work I came home to mess about on my xbox before going down to fathers in the evening. For Christmas I bought him a new Freeview box because his had broken and whilst I was there i decided to install it for him as he hadn't done it yet. I got it up and running and thankfully it did what most "self tuning" devices don't normally do... Tune itself!
Afterwards I popped over to the swan to see Donna and co' before coming home.
Thursday. The evening was spent in the Swan, though with reduced numbers. Jess came out though which was nice and added her unique blend of wonderful madness to the mix. When it was time to go home Lank dropped her home before giving me a lift back as usual.
Friday. Ah the first week at work was nearly over. I left Calthorpe at 3:45pm and made haste for home. During the evening I went over to Adam and carls with my copy of Gears of War 2 though we ddin't play it. We had a drink and watched Star Trek DS9... Yes. Yes we did.
Saturday. Adam and Bobby's birthdays. During the day I stayed in whilst my nan and grandad came round as usual. At about 5:30pm-ish I bungled my shirt into my backpack and set off for Adam and Carls. When I got there I found them having a drink and watching Star Trek DS9. I joined them and when it was time to get ready I threw my shirt on. We waited for Marcus and Jenny and we made our way in to Solihull, meeting the rest of the gang in Wetherspoons. Whilst there we met Jo and Paul who were out with friends. After Wetherspoons we went to Reflex. Now obviously being a dual-birthday celebration you would expect to see a multitude of photos...
... Well I'm sorry but I'm going to have to disapoint you. Sorry. I only took one and it is of Bobby with a balloon tied to his ponytail...

There we go!

Everyone stayed until about 1:40am when we decided to cal it a night and to go and get some chips...

Sunday. I awoke late (after eating chips and sobering up I drove home... seriously, I only had 2-3 drinks and stopped all together at about 12:00 midnight, meaning that by the time I left Adams after eating my chips I was fine) but managed to scoff my dinner and get down to the legion for my usual shift. Afterwards I went down to my nans for tea before dropping back in on the legion for a swift half before coming home to bed.

Right. Thats where I will leave you readers. TTFN

No comments: