Tuesday, December 09, 2008

You push your fingers in to your what?

Hello readers and welcome to this weeks update. Well, I say "readers" but I'm not sure who reads this anymore. Readers? Are you out there? My aim when I started this was just to jot down what I had done, but that has changed. As John pointed out I sometimes get days mixed up, but it doesn't matter because what I want this to be is a general space where my readers can feedback, host little conversations in the shout box, and really input to make my blog bigger than the sum of its parts. I might sit here typing it, but it doesn't count for much if it is a static entity. It needs to grow and... And...


Oh, bollocks who am I kidding?

Anyway, enough of that. Lets blog.

Monday. Monday evening was spent round Adam and Carls and Johns. We ended up playing some Carcassone and Catan (if you don't know what they are, you didn't click the links in my previous posts) until finally breaking out RockBand! Yes! The Mothers of Destruction were reunited! We played until about 12:00am and then I had to get going.

Tuesday. Work passed quite quickly and I was home for 4:30pm. In the evening it was back over to Adam/Carl/Johns and Marcus and Jenny joined us for some TV/xbox

Wednesday. The evening was spent at Fathers and then at 10:00pm I made my way down to the Swan to meet up with Donna and co'. Now I always help them with the last couple of rounds of the quiz, though I usually don't get many answers in. This Wednesday though I didn't have to! Rent-a-crowd (The team name of Donna and co') came joint first! Well done to them! They won some cash and the respect of everyone in the Swan!

Thursday. After work I came home and nodded off for a bit! In the evening I walked up to the Swan (Lank was at the Villa) to meet the usual suspects plus Paul and Jess who have recently moved back to Wythall! A warm welcome to them both, and I hope to see them out and about more often!

Friday. (You'll notice I'm doing these quickly. I'm off out in a bit!) I went to......?
... Yes, you've guessed it! Solihull to meet upwith the lads. We ended up ordering Chinese...

... Which was nice!

Saturday. I went to HMV to take my copy of Guitar Hero back as it had gone the way of the Dodo. I got my cash back and glad that I don't have to mess about with it any more. in the evening I went, yet again, over to Solihull.

Sunday... Ah, Sunday... I finished the Legion at 6:00pm because I was going, with Jason and Gemma to the NIA to see Slipknot in concert! I had seen them years ago when I was at college on the "Iowa" tour. Gemma hasseen them at the Download Festival, but Jason was a Slipknot Virgin.

We got to the venue in good time and had a couple of drinks. We then went in to the arena to catch the first band "Children of Bodum" who play some good old "simple-riffs-and-a-lot-of-shouting" kind of metal. We headed on out after they were off stage to refill our glasses. We came back in to see Machine Head. They were awsome and did a really good set. After an hour or so Slipknot came on stage to much rowdyness... As is the way at these events! (well who ever heard of a quiet gig?)


They did all of the crowd pleasers and then some! I have a couple of photos for you...




The black smudge in the middle is Corey Taylor




Band members with the glorious "Tribal S" logo.


These photos don't do them any justice.....


So here's one I half-inched from the website!


Yep. That's sort of a better quality, isn't it?

Anyway they left the stage after one encore and I honestly thought they would come back on and do "Wait and Bleed" which was their first ever single and the song which they are known for... You know what I mean... "Wait and Bleed" is to Slipknot what "Rockin' all over the world" is to Status Quo. But alas! They did not reappear! I was a bit gutted and I think Jason was too. Still Jason is happy he can say he's seen them live!

Afterwards we went to Macdonalds. We sat inside and ate our grease-pots before climbing in to the nearest availiable taxi to come home!

phew! Right. I'm off out in a bit so I will eave you there.

TTFN!

No comments: