Sunday, September 09, 2007

The week that was.

Hello readers, and welcome to a brand new update. I didn't blog last week, unfortunately. So this will be a little longer than usual, to bring you all up to speed...



Right, well, I wil start with an account of the final week of the School holidays. I wont to a day-to-day rendition, mainly because I can't quite remember what I did on what days! I do, however remember that it was a particularly ordinary week with only one thing worth blogging about:



The Heritage Motor Museum in Gaydon...



Me and Father went simply because we were both bored and needed somewhere to go for the day. So off to the H.M.M we went...



Now rather than bore you with 57 paragraphs of jargon, I wil simply let you look at some pictures, instead...








Aston Martin Vanquish



Rolls Royce Phantom



I think I've spotted a slight design flaw...



Isn't this car Fab? (Fab... F.A.B... Thunderbirds... Get it?)



2004 Jaguar F1 Car



MG Speed Car. Built in 1938 and has a top speed of 260 MPH!



So anyway, that was that. We had a good time going round all the exhibits, and afterwards dad dropped me back home so I could go up the pub... Which I did.


Ok. I will now skip on to where this blog should have started, last Monday (3rd) and it was back to work! So, I got up, got dressed and went in to Woodrush... (all be it, free from any kiddies. We had two inset days this year!) After our 4 hour trial by powerpoint, and a cold lunch, we all went off to our departments for the last hour-or-so to do some pre-kiddie tidying and sorting out. This was done with military presicion...


... Unfortunately, I mean U.S forces type of military presicion...


I had boxes and folders all over the place trying to sort, lift, organise, and resolve every situation under the sun...


...Phew! Anyway, I was out by about 4:30pm and went home knowing it would be the same the next day.


In the evening Adam and Carl came over to mine for a spot of Halo 2. We recieved word, however, that Jo, Gemma and Woody were in the Plough over in Solihull, so we went to meet them. I wasn't feeling 100% though, so I'm glad I didn't have a late night. We were out before 12:00 midnight and I went home to bed...


Tuesday morning it was back in to School for more of the same. Sorting, organising, tidying etc etc... I was glad to get out at 4:30. In the evening the usual gang went out to the Masons in Solihull. Again, we didn't leave it too late, because of work the next day.


Wednesday: Day 1 of proper work. I put on my Jay-cloth shirt (seriously! It is blue and white, and actually feels like it is made form a Jay-cloth!) and went to Woodrush, knowing I was just minutes away from having to fight chatty mothers for a car parking space, in between all the fucking 4x4's that they use to drop their one fucking child off to school with, and then stand wittering-on about some god-awful fucking idiotic thing that happened to them in Tesco's that week....


... Sorry, I'm getting carried away!


Calm thoughts, Gareth, calm thoughts...


Ahhh... Ok, well the year 7's came in at 10:00am, and the rest of the years at 11:00am. Normal service began at 11:15 and so it began. And it was just like any other shcool day right up until 4:30pm when I managed to escape.


I came home and started work on my new portfolio...


Actually, I had better explain... I am applying, once again, for my GTP course at various Universities and, assuming I make it as far as an interview, they will need to see some of my art work. Now most of my stuff is old, and I don't like some of it, so I have decided to beef it up with some new pics'. I have started doing some nice drawings, and when I have filled my sketchbook, I will start some paintings. Just so that I have some new looking work that is relevant and pretty to look at. In fact, I have photo's of the first 2 drawings that I will let you look at so that you may praise/critisise me at you own conveniance...



Drawing 1: A Daffodil!

Drawing 2: Close up of centre of rose

As I complete more drawings (I am currently doing one of a Californian Poppy) I will post them as part of my blogs, so I have a digital copy of each of them.

Anywho... In the evening I went to fathers. We watched Mr. Beans Holiday on DVD (I went to the cinema to see it when it came out, but father had never seen it) which was a laugh. Afterwards I came home, messed around on Digg.com, and went to bed.

Thursday at school was fun: the new timetables were finalised, and I discovered that due to a few people leaving, I was now a T.A in a few science lessons, and a maths lesson once a week. My hours up in art weren't affected too badly, though, which was OK.

The evening was spent in the Packhorse. It was made even more nice than usual by having Jess and Paul turn up with their newest daughter. (Think of the name, Gareth, think of the name...)

... hang on, I will phone Lank...

... No answer, I'll text Kate...

Ok, while I'm waiting for a...

... blimey, she replied quick!

... Corrine!

Of course! Right well, yes, Jess and Paul, and Corrine were there, which was nice. And a good time was had by all! At 11:30 we all left and lank dropped me home as per usual, with his 80's CD blasting away!

Ah, Friday. Work seemed to fly by and it was 3:00pm before I knew it. At about 3:30pm we decided to go to the pub! (we haven't been in a while) So myself, Sally, Jackie, and Kate went up to the Packhorse and was quickly met by Ben, who we haven't seen for a good few months!

After an hour-or-so we left. I went home to get changed because I was going out up to Solihull. Jenny picked me up for about 7:00pm and we went over to Carls. Marcus wasn't with us, though, he was in Ireland. Sadly, his grandma passed away during the week and the family had gone over to Dublin.

We got a taxi from Carls to Solihull and met up with Adam, along with 2 Transconians: Becky (who he fancies!) and Morris (who he doesn't) We went for a drink in the Masons, and then went in to Reflex for a bop on the floor. Jenny had made friends in the toilets with 2 nice young ladies (how you make friends in toilets, I will never know!) who joined us for a drink and a dance. This process went on until about 1:30am when we decided to call it a night... Except Adam who stayed on to chat to becky. We got some chips, grabbed a taxi and went back to Carls, where I kipped on the trusty sofa.

Saturday morning was a mixture of pain and confusion... I awoke at 8:45am and couldn't get back to sleep. I put the telly on, and waited for everyone else to get up. carl got up around Mid-day, and Jenny (and Marcus, who got back in from Dublin at around 4:00am) got up at 2:00pm! We decided to go for a walk along the canal to wake us all up. Whilst out, we got a bit to eat at the Boat Inn in Catherine De Barnes. Afterwards, we started the walk back. I phoned mother for a lift back from Carls house and so she came and got me. I got in and dozed off on the couch for a bit before checking my Emails, and messing about on Digg.com for a few hours before getting an early night.

This morning I awoke to find myself with a bit of a stuffy head. I don't know where that has come from. Me and mother, who is feeling a bit Flu'ey... maybe I've caught it a bit... Went for a carvery at The Plume of Feathers in Shirley. It was nice, though I could have dome with a bit more gravy! After a quick meal we came home and I started blogging...

... Which I am about to finish!

TTFN readers.

No comments: