Sunday, February 11, 2007

Half Term and a bit

Hello readers (and "Marvin", I suppose) and welcome. Looking for an update are you? Need something quick to read? Then look no further...

Well where to begin... I will skip to last Tuesday, if I may, since Monday was boring.

Anyway, On Tuesday I had to cover a couple of lessons in the art department. This is unusual, because I'm usually used to cover other subjects like maths and history... You know, those subjects I know so much about (hint: sarcasm.) But as it was I was actually teaching art. By myself. Me... Now the day culminated in the yr11's... basically, they know what they are doing, I just have to supervise. It was a nice relaxed lesson and I enjoyed it... However, part way through the lesson I noticed this on the whiteboard:



Lovely isn't it. You watch, they will have a nick-name for me next (assuming I don't already have one!) It wouldn't have been so bad if they hadn't mis-spelled "weird" but, there we go... Oh and in case you are wondering, no, I didn't get my phone out and take that picture in the lesson... I'm daft, but I'm not un-professional. I took the photo after 3:00pm when the kiddies had gone.

Anyway, I went home, had tea, and went out. I took Donna for a drink in the Drawbridge since I hadn't seen her in near enough 3 weeks. I was glad of the company and, although I wasn't drinking, I had a good time. We didn't stop out late as Donna had to be up early so we came back for about 10:30pm. I dropped her home and went back to watch a bit of telly before going to bed.

I got up Wednesday and headed in to work. It was a normal day, just like any other but at mid-morning a rumour went round to say that there was going to be snow on Thursday and that Woodrush might be closed... At the end of the day I went home praying to the heavens that 20 tons of snow would hit Wythall in the small hours of the morning. I then had tea and went down to fathers as I usually do. We put on Little Britain:Live but rather than watching the show we watched the extras, including a documentary about David Walliams swimming the English Channel... Good stuff! I went home afterwards, still praying for snow... and guess what! God smiled down upon me, and he sayeth: "Gareth, thyne work is good, and all that you survey will be covered in thy frosty goodness" (Those weren't his exact words, but you get the idea.)

Sure enough, I was awoken Thursday morning at 6:50am by my phone going off. It was the call to say Woodrush was going to be closed...

WOOHOO!

I had a lie-in and got up atabout 10:00am. I watched telly and sat in front of the computer, and... Well actually, that was about it. PC/TV acounted for 90% of my day. The only thing I did was pop out in my car, I spent 10 minutes digging it out from under the snowy blanket that covered it. When I came back, I looked at it about 20 minutes later and this was the image that greeted me...

I should have just left it alone I suppose...

In the evening, I went up to the Packhorse. No Lank this week, so I got a lift there with mother, and a lift back with Jason. I came back and checked my Email. I had one from the admin at Woodrush telling me that WOODRUSH WOULD BE CLOSED FRIDAY AS WELL!!!

I was extatic. This meant 2 days added to half term. I had officially broken up... Nice!

So Friday went much the same way as Thursday, except that in the evening I went out

Saturday was a good day. I got a phonecall from Adam saying that he had found his old sledge! (You can see where this is going, can't you?) Ok, I will skip the twaddle and get right to it: We arrived at the Lickey hills at about 3:00pm. Me, Adam, John, Marcus, and Jenny were wrapped up with gloves, coats, etc. Jenny took 3 steps and fell on her ass, but it didn't stop her having a go. I made a decent run to test the surface snow out... Turns out it was good! I went quite quick down the hill behind the visitors centre, and got a few funny looks in the process. We all took turns going down.

In the evening we went for a curry. Sledging and curry in one day! Surely, there is a law about that much pleasure... Sledging, and curry!!! rock on!

Well there wego readers. I will have to leave you there as I'm off to nans for my tea...

Catch you all laters!

TTFN


1 comment:

John said...

'I before E, except after C'

...I blame the teachers!