Sunday, December 10, 2006

'tis the season shops raise prices, fah-la-la-la-laa, la-la-la-laaaa.

Hello readers. It's the 10th of December, my christmas decorations aren't up and I've done absolutely no christmas shopping...

... Yes. I am a man...

...Right, on with the blog...

...Um... Actually I don't have much to blog about so I will randomise and think out loud for a bit. (just like my very first blog says! Go on, have a look if you don't believe me.)

Right, well, I suppose I had better make this random jumble of words into something you can read...

Ok, well at the moment I am selling the old camera I found in the stock room at Woodrush on Ebay. The money it sells for will be used to part-fund a staff meeting. (For those of you who aren't up to speed with the lingo, all staff meetings involve alchohol!... In fact, do you remember all those "staff training days" that the staff used to have at the end of half term? well they are basically a big free lunch, and more wine, beer, and cocktails than anyone could imagine!) I hope it makes a good price, it is only the second item I have ever sold on Ebay. The first was my degree piece (the furry car) but no one actually bought it.

On Friday (I'll just skip to the weekend) Me, John, Marcus, and Jenny went ice-skating in Solihull. We got there for about 7:30 and dived straight on to the ice. I had to swap my skates after about half an hour because the left one was digging in to my shin. It's remarkable, because I have the same thing happen to my left ski boot, unless I store it properly with the straps tightened to hold the inner boot in place. But the skates were changed and I got a new pair from the girl behind the counter. I wanted to have a real good go but being a Friday it was packed with chavs and people who can actually skate. I'd like to go when it's quiet so that I could practice a bit and have a real good go because I imagine it's really good fun if you can do it well.
After a couple of hours sliding along the ice, we left and went for a chinese. Adam joined us for some grub and we ate until we were bursting, which is what most people do when they eat chinese. We got home for 11:30pm and I dived in to bed, since skating and chinese food is the best combination for tiring people out.

Um... Other than that, the only other thing that has happened this week was yesterday evenings frivolity in Wolverhampton. Me, Jason, and Gemma went to see Adrenaline at the Little Civic. We got there for about 6:50pm and had a drink in the downstairs bar. At 7:30pm we went upstairs where the stage is and the first band (who were shit) came on a little while later. When they had finished bawling and jumping around the stage, they fucked off and let the second band have a go... They were better. And then at about 9:30-ish Adrenaline came on and played through until 11:00pm. When it was time to leave, we dived in to a cab and set off for home. £35 from Wolverhampton to Birmingham isn't a bad price, split 3 ways it worked out quite reasonable. I was home for 12:30 and dragged my self off to bed since I was partly inebriated by alchohol! Actually, as i sit here typing this, the effect of last night hasn't quite gone yet, which would explain the lack of detail, humour, or continuity in this passage of writing...

In fact since I have covered the basics, I wil leave it there readers. I'll quit while I'm ahead.

TTFN.

No comments: