Thursday, May 18, 2006

Hello readers.

It is with great sadness that we have taken the decision to have Jaws, my cat, put to sleep. The treatment for his injuries is sadly not working. He cannot use his back legs, or pass water by himself. In this condition it would be cruel to let him suffer, and the build up of waste in his intestine would only lead to slow kidney faliure. It is therefore better if he can peacefully pass away without any discomfort.

As I write this, I find myself crying. Something that I have not done for many years. I find my thoughts wandering also to my first two pets, "Sootie" and "Blackie" my Guiney-pig and Rabbit, respectively. Also I think about my pet dogs. Shep, who was given to a dog-home after he developed a dodgy hip, and Phaeroe, My Great-Dane who had to be given to a sanctuary when we couldn't afford his insurance costs, which upset me greatly.

I will always remember Jaws as a kitten. Full of life and energy, a true pet.

TTFN readers

No comments: