Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Chocs Away!

Well readers, here we are again... All be it slightly behind schedule. I have had to wait to post my blog this week due to Youtube having a bit of a spaz and not letting me upload the videos I wanted to share with you. Fortunately that crisis is over and so here we are...

In the interest of time-management I feel that I should skip most of the week (since nothing radically different has happened.) and move on to the weekend since thats where the fun begins!

I will start by telling you that during the week I went to see Oceans 13, which was very good, and I have paid for my Holiday to Turkey! So I am definitely going!

Work has been the same-old-same-old, and everything is as normal...

... So I guess I should get to the meat of the blog by joining the action bright and early Saturday morning. It was arranged that Myself, Kate, Jenny, Marcus, Adam, and Carl go to Drayton Manor Park for the day... Just for something to do! So kate, who was driving, picked me up at 9:00am with Jenny already in the car. The plan was to meet the other 3 (Adam, Carl, and Marcus) in the Park, since they were going from Solihull and would take a slightly different route. We set off and after reaching Junction 12 on the M-whatever-it-was motorway, Kate said that she reckoned that we had gone past it... So we turned round (at the next junction, not just turned round on the motorway!) and sure enough we needed to get off at Junction 10. We headed back and were unsure whether we would have the other 3 ridiculing us for being late. However fate and coincidence play a strange game... We were now aproaching the Park from the other direction, and would need to turn right in to the gates, whereas Carl came from the correct way, and would be turning left in to the gates. So Kate indicated to turn, only to have to wait for... CARL! who came round the corner just as Kate did! We followed them right through the gates and parked next to each other... Honestly, you couldn't get better timing! We paid our way in, and immediately noticed that the park was virtually empty! We waited for the rides to be turned on and got in the miniscule que for G-Force. We took our time going round the main rides and also took some time to go round the zoo... I have visual media for your viewing pleasure, readers...

Penguins! Ha ha! I don't know why but they began flocking towards me when I got my phone out... I can only assume they thought it was feeding time!

Jenny in the Discovery Centre... Drawing a snake in orange Crayon... (6/10. See me.)


Maelstrom... I can't ride it. I puke... Lots.

Anyway. After doing just about everything we could, Kate had to leave because she was going for a night out with some friends. The rest of us hung around and did G-Force a few more times... Here's the vid' I took from the ground. Carl and Marcus were sat in the front seats...




Ah... T'was a good day! The time came however to go, and so the 5 of us remaining got in to Carls car ready to go... We set off and dropped Adam home, then Went to Carls and waited for him to change, went to Kates so that Jen' could get her car, then to mine where they waited for me to get changed before going back out for a chinese.... Gasp!

We decided that going for a chinese at Woks Hall in Solihull would round the day off nicely. I phoned Adam to let him know but got no answer. Carl tried him only to discover that the Nit-wit had gone and got himself a take-away! (Infact, Jenny commented that Adam wouldn't come back out, but I said "nay, Mr. Turbitt will not let us down..." But he'd ordered his chinese so there was little point in him coming to Woks Hall with us.... Mr. Turbitt... You nutter!)

Anyhoo' We went and gorged ourselves with spicy aromatic duck, and Thai green curry, and sweet and sour chicken, and all the other delights of the orient. When it was time to go I was feeling like I needed to fast for a week to let the food digest!

I got home and went to bed because on Sunday I was on another day out... I was going to the RAF Cosford Airshow! I have been before about 5 years ago and i loved it, so I was looking forward to what would be there this time.

The show was amazing. Every type of aircraft going, and then some! Of course the Red Arrows were in attendance... Look at the piccy, and watch the vid'...






There were also some biplanes with ladys on the wings... No, really! They were wing-walkers and they were good at what they did! (again... pic, vid...)






Now I must appologise... You see readers I forgot to charge my phone the night before and while I was there my battery went in my phone! I do however have some video footage using my sisters W810i But I need her memory card to upload everything to youtube. In fact, all the really good stuff is on my sisters phone (including the bit where they demonstrated a live bombing!)

So I am now at a loss... I will give you all a "gallery post" sometime in the week when I get her mem-stick.

After the airshow we left, but unfortunately there was only one exit... and a mile-long que across several fields to get out! After 2 BLOODY HOURS! we managed to get out and get down to my nans for tea as normal.

I suppose, with the lack of footage, that I will have to leave you there readers.

I will do a "catch-up" in the week. For now though, this is Flight Comander Evans saying "Delta-Two-Four, Over." (I think that means "I've had enough of typing... bye bye")

TTFN.

No comments: